Updated Safe Return to Sport Policy - Jan 10,2021
Our Mission, Vision & Values
Jump Rope BC focuses on the growth and promotion of the sport of jump rope through recreational & competitive programs, events, shows. As a community we strive to create a safe environment for kids, teens and adults to compete, train and shape who they are as people through volunteer experiences, mentorship opportunities, and leadership training.
JRBC supports and promotes Rope Skipping as a wellness activity, a recreational pursuit and a competitive sport in British Columbia.
JRBC believes that rope skipping is a wellness activity that promotes a healthy, active lifestyle and a positive attitude towards physical activity.
- Rope skipping develops life skills, enhances communities, and promotes and maintains healthy, independent lifestyles and enhances quality of life.
- Rope skipping develops positive self image, self respect, creativity, leadership and discipline
- Rope skipping is recognized nationally and internationally and is included in mainstream multi-sport competition.
- Jump Rope BC values excellence, integrity, collaboration, and diversity.
- We believe in excellence by supporting athletes, coaches, and community in promoting wellness and personal achievement at all levels.
- We believe in integrity through fairness, equity, accountability, and respect for athletes, coaches, and community at all levels.
- We believe that collaboration with athletes, coaches and community is essential to continuously ensure that the goals of our program are met.
- We believe in the strength of diversity and in everyone's right to participate in an environment that respects all individuals and is free of harassment and discrimination.